MANHATTAN BUSINESS LAWYER
We understand that no two business scenarios are exactly the same, and we take pride in our ability to provide personalized services that are specifically tailored to fit your business’s unique needs. Our attorneys work with all types of businesses from small startups to international corporations. During the initial startup phase, we can provide expert advice on which type of corporate entity formation would be the most advantageous for your business and file all of the relevant paperwork for you.
Our attorneys are well versed in drafting of agreements including, but not limited to, business partnership agreements, shareholder agreements, operating agreements, employment agreements, and confidentiality agreements. Our law firm can also help with the legal aspects of reorganizing or dissolving a business. Based in New York (Midtown Manhattan), we have worked with several international clients, and we strive to make ourselves available to answer your questions and resolve any of your business issues, even if you are located in another time zone. Additionally, we aid clients looking to buy, sell, or invest in businesses or commercial real estate.
What Do NYC Business Lawyers Do?
The Avenue Law Firm has extensive experience assisting businesses across all industries in NYC with a wide range of legal matters. We learn as much as possible about every client we represent to provide truly client-focused legal counsel. Every business has unique needs, goals, and legal obligations, and our goal is to help our clients address their business-critical concerns as effectively as possible to ensure future success. Some of the legal services our firm can provide to NYC business clients include:
- Representing Foreign Corporations in the US. Foreign-based companies operating on US soil must follow various specific legal requirements. We can assist foreign companies to meet their legal obligations and grow their business interests in the US.
- Representing Foreign Investors in the US. Many foreign investors see incredible potential in many different investment opportunities in NYC business. If you are a foreign investor interested in expanding your investments to NYC, our team can provide the legal guidance you need for ensuring legal and secure transactions.
- Formation of LLCs for Foreign Individuals. Creating a business in NYC can be an exciting step for a foreign business owner. Avenue Law Firm routinely assists NYC clients with LLC creation and can apply this experience to the benefit of foreign business owners.
- Cross Border / International Transactions. International business can provide several valuable opportunities for business leaders. If you are interested in expanding your business operation across national borders, we can help to ensure you do so legally.
- Business Immigration. Many NYC companies retain talent from outside the US, and our firm can assist with all business-related immigration procedures you may need to complete for your employees.
- Franchises. Owning a franchise can be incredibly rewarding while also minimizing the risk associated with starting a new business on your own.
- Transfer of Properties into Trusts or LLCs. Property transfers between LLCs and trusts require meeting particular legal requirements. Your NYC business lawyer can ensure these transactions are both legal and secure.
- Creditors / Loans in Default Issues. Resolving business debts is crucial to your organization’s ongoing success. Our team can assist you in dealing with creditors and resolving loans in default as quickly as possible.
- Business Insurance Claims. If you need to file an insurance claim on behalf of your business, our team can provide the legal support you need to handle the insurance claim process effectively.
- Interruption of Business Claims. If your business’s services to customers are interrupted, our team can help you address any legal issues that arise from the interruption.
- Equipment Damage Claims. If you need to file a claim regarding damaged equipment, our firm can help you resolve the issue through the appropriate channels.
- Dissolution of Business. A business may eventually need to cease operations and shut down. If you have decided to dissolve your business for any reason, we can assist you in ensuring the process unfolds along with the appropriate legal procedures.
- Purchase and Sale of Businesses. Buying another company can potentially enable you to expand your operation and serve a broader range of customers. If you intend to sell your business or purchase another business, Avenue Law Firm can provide detailed legal oversight to ensure the transaction proceeds as smoothly as possible.
- Formation of Businesses & Corporate Entities. A NYC business lawyer is an essential asset for creating a new business or corporation.
- Formation of Subsidiaries. Branching your operation into a subsidiary can allow you to have more control over your entire business. If you want to establish a subsidiary, our team will help you complete the legal procedures necessary for accomplishing your goals.
- Startups. New startups face many legal challenges, and we can provide the guidance and counsel you need to get your new business running efficiently.
- Business Partnership Agreements. Business partners must have carefully defined contracts, and our team will assist you in drafting, revising, and amending partnership agreements.
- Joint Ventures. Working with new partners requires carefully defining responsibilities and deliverables. If you are exploring any new joint venture, our team will provide legal oversight so you can approach the opportunity with confidence.
- Shareholder & Operating Agreements. Businesses have unique legal obligations to shareholders. We can assist in developing shareholder agreements and operating agreements per your business’s unique needs.
- Licensing. Avenue Law Firm can assist in drafting legally binding licensing agreements that allow you to capitalize on your intellectual property with legal protection.
- All Types of Contracts. Contracts are an essential part of the modern business world. Avenue Law Firm can assist NYC business owners with all types of contracts, including contract amendments and resolving contract disputes.
- Commercial Leases & Subleases. Our team can help you address legal issues regarding leases and subleases in the complex NYC real estate market.
- Employment Agreements. Developing contracts with your employees can help both you and your workers operate more efficiently and with greater peace of mind. Our team can help you create effective employment agreements that protect both you and your employees.
- Confidentiality Agreements. If your business hinges on trade secrets or confidential information of any kind, we can help you draft the agreements necessary to ensure your most valuable information remains protected.
Avenue Law Firm has a solid reputation as a leading NYC business law firm. We routinely assist NYC business owners with a wide range of legal issues and can apply this experience to your unique business needs.
How Much Do Lawyers Cost in NYC?
If you operate any business in NYC, it’s vital to make calculated decisions regarding every investment you make on behalf of your company. If you need to hire legal counsel for your business, it’s vital to approach the situation confidently and make the most informed decision possible. Avenue Law Firm makes our legal services affordable, accessible, and reasonable to our NYC business clients. During your initial consultation with our team, we will carefully outline the details of our billing policy, so there are no surprises in terms of your legal fees.
Most business attorneys in New York charge their clients by the hour. The more time an attorney spends handling a case using hourly billing, the more expensive it is for the client. Some NYC business lawyers will offer flat fees for particular services. Avenue Law Firm is very flexible in terms of our billing practices. We understand that every investment you make for your company has the potential to profoundly impact your operation in many ways. We’ll evaluate your needs, let you know the range of services we can offer, and carefully explain your billing options.
What to Expect From NYC Business Lawyers
When you choose Avenue Law Firm to represent you in any legal matter involving your business, or if you need specific legal services to accomplish business-critical goals, you can expect closely tailored legal counsel through every phase of your case. We’ll take time to learn as much as we can about you, your team, and your business model. Our firm will closely review the details of the legal situation you currently face and help you make the most informed decisions possible to ensure the future success of your business.
Whether you need ongoing legal counsel for a protracted legal matter involving your company or need help with a standalone issue, we can help. Avenue Law Firm offers a wide range of legal services for business owners in NYC, and our team has years of experience assisting our business clients in a vast range of complex cases. If you need legal counsel for your company, it’s vital to not only choose an attorney with solid experience handling the type of issue you currently face but also one who understands the local business environment and the unique problems your company could face in the future.
If you are ready to invest in legal representation you can trust for your business in NYC, or if you are starting a new operation in the booming NYC economy, we can help. Contact Avenue Law Firm today to schedule your consultation with our firm and learn more about the wide range of legal services we offer to business owners.